by Kirti Swift
A great idea for school fundraising is to hold a talent show, like "Britain’s Got Talent".
This fundraising event could be held in your school hall, and I’m sure that your class mates would love the chance to show off their talents. Once you have secured a line-up of performers, you need to make sure that you advertise your show around school, and even your local area – the more tickets you sell, the more money you will make. This could be organised by a group of you – perhaps you could all have a different role (ticket sales, performer recruitment, etc.)
Have a think about:
• Where you will hold the event
• When you will hold this event (people will need time to practice)
• How will you advertise your show (posters, local paper)
• How much will tickets cost
• Will performers have to pay a small fee to enter
• How long each performer will have on stage
• Who will decide the winner (the audience, or judges) – maybe you could charge the audience 10p the price of a text, each to vote. Or the person who receives the most donations wins.
• What will be the prize for the winner (cash or a trophy)
You could also have a look at ways that you can raise some extra money. Here are some useful ideas:
• A Raffle
• How many sweets in the jar
• Maybe you could even give a speech about your cause and ask for donations at the end.
If you follow this step-by-step guide, I am sure that you will be able to organise a very successful Variety Show Fundraiser.
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Share Your Great School Fundraising Ideas.